John McAfee Reportedly Found Dead After Spain’s High Court Approved Extradition to the US
John McAfee, the veteran entrepreneur, and cryptocurrency proponent, has been reportedly found dead in his prison cell.
- Two leading Spanish outlets, El Mundo and El Pais reported that the US entrepreneur has been found dead in his prison cell in Barcelona.
- The news was also shared by Reuters Legal on Twitter.
John McAfee found dead in prison cell after Spanish high court allows extradition, according to Spanish newspaper El Mundo pic.twitter.com/XOVLk7qcrD
— Reuters Legal (@ReutersLegal) June 23, 2021
- At the time of this writing, there’s no other confirmation of his death or the reasons for it, though both Spanish outlets quote the Department of Justice.
- Meanwhile, reports indicate, on several occasions, that McAfee committed suicide.
- It’s worth noting that the news of his death started circling on the same day Reuters reported that Spain’s High Court approved the extradition order of the entrepreneur to the United States.
- McAfee was charged with tax evasion, which he has been rather vocal about in the past.
- Separately, he was also charged by the US SEC for fraudulently promoting initial coin offerings.
This story is developing.